It’s that time of the year again, a couple of hours over which I play tunes from some of my favourite records of the year. I usually reminisce a bit as well, but this year there was too much goddamn music to play so you miss my glorious stories. Poor you.
So here it is, merry new year, people. Go and buy the records if you can.
Spotify playlist (a little incomplete)
Or, to get all my radio shows via podcast, pop over here.
- Grimm Grimm – Kazega Fuitara Sayonara from Hazy Eyes Maybe
- King Midas Sound / Fennesz – Lighthouse from Edition 1
- Digitonal – Wintering from Beautiful Broken
- Surface Tension – Surface Tension (single) from Surface Tension
- Jenny Hval – Angels and Anaemia from Apocalypse, girl
- The Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Choir – A Bridge Over You
- Low – No Comprende from Ones and Sixes
- Young Fathers – Liberated from White Men Are Black Men Too
- Toya Delazy – Why Hate from Ascension
- Peaches – I Mean Something (feat. Feist) from Rub
- Ghostpoet – The Pleasure In Pleather from Shedding Skin
- Django Django – Shot Down from Born Under Saturn
- Errors – Putman Caraibe from Lease Of Life
- Gwenno – Amser from Y Dydd Olaf
- Jib Kidder – World Of Machines from Teaspoon To The Ocean
- Polar Bear – The First Steps from Same as You
- Oneohtrix Point Never – Ezra from Garden of Delete
- Jane Weaver – Argent (Tom Furse Extrapolation) from The Amber Light
- SEXWITCH – Lam Plearn Kiew Bao from SEXWITCH
- Roots Manuva – Fighting For? from Bleeds
- Wax Stag – Caverns from II
- Romare – The Drifter from Projections
- Tudor Acid – Stics from Chronial
- Andrew Hung – Korea Town from Rave Cave 1
- Blanck Mass – Atrophies from Dumb Flesh
- Hot Chip – Cry For You from Why Make Sense?