Hello! Welcome back to the svelteblog, do settle in comfortably.
This month’s show was an melodic rollercoaster, lurching from quiet to loud to frenetic to soporific. You know, pretty much the usual. Not a lot of musical movement over the last month or so, so I delved into my set list for Ada Lovelace Live and threw some stuff into the mix.
The tracklisting is as follows:
- Glasser – Treasure Of We from Ring
- Daphne Oram, Andrea Parker & Daz Quayle – Women’s Hour from Private Dreams and Public Nightmares
- Laurie Anderson – Let X=X from Big Science
- Evelyn Glennie – Toshimitsu Tanaka: Two Movements for Marimba from Light in Darkness
- Micachu – Calculator from Jewellery
- Half Man Half Biscuit – Rock And Roll Is Full Of Bad Wools from 90 Bisodol (Crimond)
- The Leg – Dam Uncle Hit from Oozing a Crepuscular Light
- Tindersticks – i know that loving from Across Six Leap Years
- Sam Amidon – He’s Taken My Feet from Bright Sunny South
- Kathryn Williams – Gave It Away from Crown Electric
- Jenny Hval – Mephisto In The Water from Innocence Is Kinky
- Plaid – I Citizen The Loathesome from Greedy Baby
- Pinkunoizu – Moped from The Drop
- Oneohtrix Point Never – Zebra from R Plus Seven
- Four Tet – Aerial from Beautiful Rewind
- Synergy – John Cage: Third Construction from Synergy Percussion
- Julia Holter – The Falling Age from Tragedy
- Pantha Du Prince – Walden 2 from This Bliss
Oh, and some stuff I promised from the show:
Nonclassical’s Pioneers of Percussion : a festival celebrating the first 100 years or so of proper music for percussion
Superposition: where physics and art met. In an ice well. By a canal.